Sunday, February 21, 2010

Lots happens in 10 days.

Feb 8 to Feb 22. Lots happens in liver land in that relatively short space of time.

He's been out of hospital (2 days out)

He went back into ICU again Friday night.

I remember when this all began, he used to spend 3 days in hospital, with 5 days out. Now we're 10 days in and 2 out.

They have taken him off the seizure medication (thank GOD because he turned into an utter prick with it) because it doesn't seem to be helping.

Just let him die already.

Mum and I went to see him yesterday and I ended up doing a head gasket. I'm not going to repeat what I said to him, but listening to the way he speaks to my mother sometimes makes me inherently angry - and really pushes home the fact that he's not really my father anymore.

No idea what drugs he's on; but it was the kidneys shutting down this time.

Of course it's happening now; its mine and mums birthday tomorrow. He couldn't possibly stay around for a family event. He's missed every event (we'll say J's wedding too, because he wasn't there mentally and the next day was our first trip into ICU) for the last 6 months. His birthday, C's birthday, M's birthday, Christmas, R's birthday, J's wedding and now mine and mums birthday.

It's like he's weaning himself off his family.

1 comment:

  1. Oh God, Shel, I am really sorry it's such a loooong slow process. For your Dad and for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete